Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I Have Arrived


 Sorry it has taken me a couple of days to figure out that the library here in town has wifi courtesy of University of Alaska's Chukchi College.  
My journey began at 4:30am Saturday morning.  Tyler and I shuffled out of his Aunt and Uncle’s house in Atlanta around five and headed for the airport.  I had been praying about my flights, because the forecasts had been predicting sketchy weather in Houston, which was to be my first connection.  But when I got to the airport they said that I was re-routed onto a direct flight from ATL to SEA (Seattle).  I had some breakfast then bid Tyler farewell.  (Tyler refrained from eating because he was on his way to run 10k with Lauren Frame.  I wish I could have seen the two of them at mile 6.) 
When I got to my flight, it was completely full, except for the seat right next to me.  After the changed connection and empty seat, I knew God was looking out for my travels.  Apparently God wanted me to get some sleep and catch up on my reading, because there were NO t.v.’s on my first flight even though it was four hours long.  And then, my second flight only offered movies and DirecTv if you paid, skip that.  So, I slept a lot, which ended up really helping reset my well-oiled internal clock for the time change.  After Seattle, I flew to Anchorage where I just barely caught my flight to Kotzebue.  Again, praise the Lord. 
On my flight to Kotzebue, I met two men that were carpenters from Tucson that were on their way to Nome.  They have a group all kinds of tradesmen that go there every summer to help with home repairs after the rough winters and share the Gospel with all the people they get to help.  I had never thought about how helpful that would be.
I touched down in Kotzebue and was welcomed by Stephanie’s smiling face.  Stephanie has been helping me for months now to get all my plans made and even went house hunting for me.  So, it was great to finally meet her face-to-face.  (Yes, I will be posting a picture of her soon, for all of you who have been hearing me talk about her so much that you also feel like you know her already.)
For now, here is the airport I flew into and the scenes I saw as I swooped into my new town.



More to come soon.  For now, I am off to Zumba Class at the Church of Go.  It was the Church of God, until the "d" fell off.

No comments:

Post a Comment