Friday, June 15, 2012

Walk About


Sunday afternoon I went on a long walk all over town.  Here are some of the sites that I took in.
On the way out my door I have to acknowledge that I live one house away from the 24hr shop and take-out restaurant.  I will be investigating this.

As I turn off of Friends Way onto Bison Street I can see the ocean.

My first stop was the newly finished sea wall and boardwalk.  

 This took two years to finish, but it’s a great place to walk and fish.  I chatted with a couple kids that tried to help me look for fish in the water.  The only one we saw was already dead, ew.  This side of the peninsula faces out to the ocean.  So, the ice you see is moving out of the bay and the rivers on the other side of the peninsula and into the ocean.  The mountains in the distance are in Alaska, not Russia.  (I’m not quite that close.) 



The new fancy hotel.  Any and all visitors are welcome!

After passing the airport, which you already saw, I came to the eastern side of the peninsula. 
I even caught a little plane taking off on the runway.


I walked by the main store.  I may be coming here to buy a fishing pole.  I am determined to catch a fish while I’m here.

I walked by the clinic where I will be working.  It is the biggest, fanciest building in town.


This is the new long term care facility.  (aka nursing home)


Across the street from the library is the Elementary and High School.  They are both really nice and home to the fighting Huskies.

I also saw a hare outside the school.  


 Look at him go.
That is the tour for now.  I’m sure I will be revisiting many of these places throughout the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment