Saturday, June 16, 2012

Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8 o’clock


I have discovered where I will be every Tuesday and Thursday at 8pm here in Kotzebue.  ZUMBA!!!  There is a lady here in town named Angie that is the local masseuse and Zumba instructor.  She is friends with Stephanie and just happened to be walking by when Stephanie came by on Sunday to make sure I was getting settled in.  She said she taught Zumba.  I said, “I love Zumba.”
So, Tuesday afternoon before I left work, Stephanie drew me a little map of how to get to Zumba.  She teaches it in the children’s rec room of the Church of Go.  It is, in fact, the Chuch of God, but the “d” fell off.  The dentist made sure I was aware of the sign change so that I would not be mistaken. Thank you.  Stephanie also made sure that I knew to get there early.  Because, it tends to get very full, and you have to claim a spot. 
As I have mentioned, the class does not start until 8pm.  I have discovered that people here do not go to bed until a little bit later than usual.  Maybe it’s just in the summer.  I’m sure they want to take as much advantage as possible of the nightlight and “warm” weather.  This created a small conundrum.  To eat before or after Zumba?  Hmmm.  If I wait until after, it would be like Hilary and Ben style late, and my food wouldn’t have time to fully digest before bedtime.  If I eat early, which is what I almost always do, I might get a cramp or something.  I could hear the voice of Mike saying, “You know it’s better to eat after you work out than before.”  But I was hungry, and I was having soup, and I had two hours before the class started.  So, I ate before.
“What did the map say?”  “Did you make it on time?”  “Were there any spots remaining?”  “Did you get a cramp?”
To get to the Church of Go and Zumba.  You walk south on Friends Way.  Look at this little plane.  It looks like the one from The English Patient.

Then, cut across the NAPA autoparts/Ace Hardware parking lot,

I also passed the Cab company.  Yes, some people here are too lazy / cold to walk some days too.
 
down the street past the giant AT&T satellite, (Megan, this one’s for you.  I’m pretty sure you don’t have to have a signal booster in your apartment up here with this giant thing down the street.)

then, across from the Bank, 

you will see the Church.

When you get inside, take a left.


ZUMBA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment