Thursday, April 14, 2011

the Love begins

So, my mom played when she was little, but the only time I really played tennis was when she would send all three of us to tennis day camp for a week in the summertime so that she could do whatever she did.  Then in middle school there was this boy that was kind of my boyfriend, I don't know.  Anyways, his name was Johnny Pittari or John Joseph Pittari III, and he played on the tennis team.  I thought, "If Johnny can do that, surely I am perfectly capable." I started playing and realized how fantastic it is.  It is played the perfect time of year for the weather, not too hot or cold.  You can't be forced to play when it rains, because of slip danger. Almost anyone can play. You get to chat it up in the middle of play.  And, most importantly, the clothes.  As you may expect, my tennis skills are marginal, but I make mediocre look sassy on the courts.  I guess I write this mostly to say, "Thank you, John Joseph Pittari III.  Without you and my ever competitive spirit, I would not have found a sport that I look so good playing not so well."

1 comment: