Sunday, April 24, 2011

We Deliver

At dear old Dean Road School, there were many organizations you could join.  It always made me mad that you had to be in fourth grade to join almost all of the clubs.  I told the teachers and my mom, "Just because I am a first grader doesn't mean I am any less important or responsible than the older kids."  Then I discovered We Deliver. This was where kids at school could mail letters to their friends in other classes.  Each class had a mailbox, and the mail would be picked up every afternoon and delivered the next morning.  They would let second graders be mail carriers. I was so excited and determined to be the best mail girl they had ever had.  I was so dedicated that the next year, in third grade, I ran for Post Master General and was selected. Yay. I was really looking forward to progressing the next year to be in the Safety Patrol which was only for fifth graders.  I tried to explain to the Safety Patrol lady that I would be in fifth grade next year, but she would not believe me because I was only in third grade.  I told her I was skipping fourth grade, but she would not listen.  I was so mad at her for not believing me that I refused to have the principal call and tell her that I was telling the truth.  Instead, I remained the Post Master General and ran the best We Deliver in the history of Dean Road Elementary School.  That'll show those teachers not to trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment