Friday, April 15, 2011

Sleepy Time

In talking to Tyler, that would be my boyfriend, on the phone last night I realized an oddity.  When I am sleepy, I am sleepy.  It is not like normal people that study, eat, dinner, wind down watching tv or reading then ease into rest.  I use all of my waking time, and then I go to sleep.  I study until I am tired, and then I immediately get into bed, close my eyes, and fall asleep.  My time is too precious to spend in this half sleep, half rest period where I'm not really getting anything done.  I would rather go to sleep as soon as I feel tired then wake up early and refreshed.  Anyone that knows me, knows that this sleepy time comes upon me quite suddenly and often earlier than most individuals my age.  Anywhere from 9pm to 11pm my eyes become heavier than my tarsal muscles can resist.  This time determines my waking time.  I typically wake up biologically about 8 hours after falling asleep.  My atypicalness does have some reasoning, but maybe only to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment